- Kent Holiday Cottages (“the Company”) acts as a booking agent on behalf of the property owner (“the Owner”). Once the Company has issued the reservation confirmation, the contract is between you, (“the Client”), and the Owner.
- Should a confirmed property be removed prior to the dates of your reservation, either through overbooking or the (unlikely) removal of the property from our register, the Company will offer, wherever possible, another cottage of similar standards or a total money refund. Neither the Company nor the Owner shall incur any further liability for damages or consequential loss. You are still liable for the full amount of the reservation for cancellations due to circumstances beyond the Company’s control including war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, significant risk to human health including infectious disease, fire, adverse weather conditions or any other cause.
- It is the obligation of the Client to source a suitable Cancellation Insurance for their protection. Please see further details on our website. If, for any reason, the Client should be compelled to cancel their reservation, the Company and the Owner have to be informed as soon as the reason for cancellation occurs. If the Client has taken Cancellation Insurance the terms of this Cancellation Insurance will then apply to any claim that is made by the Client. If the Cancellation Insurance at the time of the booking has not been taken, the Client will be responsible for full payment of the booking should the Company be unable to re-book the cottage. Should The Company be able to resell your cancelled reservation in the event you were not insured, then we will refund your payment less a 15% cancellation/administration fee (surcharge), of the total amount.
- The period of the reservation is to be stated on the Reservation Form. The Client agree to abide by the dates and times as stated on the letter of confirmation and the cottage directions sheet sent with balance payment confirmation, (usually from 4.00pm on the day of commencement, until 10.00am on the final day). The reservation remains valid whether the Client is able to attend the property or not and no tenancy is expressed or implied.
- The Owner or the Company on behalf of the Owner can terminate the reservation without notice if the full balance amount of the booking has not been paid by the stipulated dates, any amounts already paid will not be refunded and the Owner retains the right to pursue any remaining balance. If your bank refuses to make your payment for any reason, an administration fee of £50 will apply.
- The Company has personally inspected each property. The Company is not responsible for changes or alterations carried out to the property without the Company’s knowledge, nor for any lapses of inspections or certifications that may be required. We can never guarantee any properties are allergen free. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the details in our brochure, in correspondence and on our website, the Owner or the Company shall not be held responsible for any mistakes or changes beyond their control.
- The Client, agrees to keep the property in its entirety in the same condition as at the commencement of their reservation and also agrees to compensate the Owner for any breakages or damage incurred during their reservation, or any excess cleaning if required. A refundable security deposit may be required at a small number of our properties and may be charged accordingly. The owner still reserves the right to pursue any further costs.
- The Company is not responsible for any damage to persons or their property during the reservation period. The use of amenities/facilities, where offered, including, but not limited to; swimming pools, hot tubs, gardens, gyms, is entirely at the user’s risk and neither the Owner nor the Company will accept responsibility for injury to the Client, his guests and third parties or loss or damage to their belongings. Neither the Owner nor the Company accepts any responsibility for loss or damage to any items, including, but not limited to; baggage, personal belongings, vehicle or its contents belonging to the Client or any member of his party howsoever caused.
- The maximum number of persons allowed in each property is stated in the brochure/website description. Except by prior written arrangement, access to the property is restricted to those persons stated on the booking form (this includes day visitors). A breach of this condition may result in immediate termination of the reservation without refund.
- Well-behaved pets are welcome at many properties, details of which are displayed in each individual property’s description. Some Owners make a small charge per pet, per week (or mini break) of your reservation. Please bring your pet’s own bed and feeding bowls. Pets are strictly not allowed on furniture and must not be left unattended in the property. The property should be left free of pet excrement.
- The Owner or his/her representative may be allowed any reasonable access to the property during the reservation period. Except in case of emergency an appointment should be made.
- The Owner ensures a high standard of accommodation. In the unfortunate situation where there is a complaint by the Client, the following procedure applies.
1. The Owner or caretaker needs to be informed as quickly as possible and asked for assistance.
2. If this does not resolve the problem, the Company needs to be informed as soon as possible giving details of your complaint, which will be dealt with as quickly and efficiently as possible.
The Company will not be able to assist in resolving any problems that are identified after you have returned from the property if the above actions have not been taken first. Neither the Owner nor the Company are responsible for annoyance through local flora and fauna or activities beyond the owner’s control.
- The use of the property is subject to the Owner/operator regulation and the local/international law. Exceptions to any booking conditions can only be effected in writing by the Company. This contract will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the court of Great Britain.
- By cheque (Providing it is with us 14 days prior to arrival) made out to Kent Holiday Cottages ( See address at top of booking form )
- By credit or debit card – VISA, MasterCard. Debit card or Switch card/Maestro, transactions are free of charge. Bank Transfer is also accepted. Costs of transfer to be paid by you.
- Bank transfer (please ensure all payments are made to the correct amount in GBP £ Sterling to avoid any exchange rate errors)
Unless your bank can ensure all transfer costs including ours in the UK are covered by your payment, then please add the following UK bank transfer fee to your total; If paying a total one off payment in full then please add £6 to your total. If you are paying a deposit payment and then a balance payment at a later date then please add £12 to your total. Please ask your bank to make sure that we receive the correct amount in £ to avoid a further payment by you.
Or by Credit Card as above or by Stirling Cheque drawn on a U.K bank.
Please always include, your name and the cottage Reference Number or name of your cottage with your payment.
Types of Data Collected
When enquiring or booking a property, you will need to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Use of Data
We use the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United Kingdom and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United Kingdom and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
We may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of staff
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Details of your booking and surname (and on rare occasions additional information including, but not limited to, your contact details) are passed onto owners to confirm your reservation and assist with respect to your stay.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.