Reference Number: WK021
Number of Bedrooms: 3
Sleeps: 6 plus cot
Spunelets Oast, Near Goudhurst
This traditional Kentish farm dates back to the 16th Century and is set amidst glorious rolling countryside at the end of a one mile track in the heart of the Wealden Kent. This is a perfect hideaway for a relaxing country holiday. An perfect base from which to explore endless country lanes, visit stately homes, castles and delightful gardens which are abound in this area, or enjoy a long leisurely lunch in one of the many small village Inns. You may prefer to stay on the farm, feed the ducks, play tennis, enjoy the views, or walk in the famous and enchanting forest of Bedgebury Pinetum.
This beautiful accommodation forms part of a traditional oast house. It is tastefully and comfortably furnished, with picturesque views from the balcony, across farmland, to Bedgebury Pinetum and the Great Lake. The entrance hall has a log burning stove and leads to one double bedroom and bathroom. Upstairs is the living accommodation comprising a spacious well-equipped kitchen, dining room, lounge with balcony and a second bathroom. Up a steep flight of stairs above the living room is a galleried large bedroom with three single beds and also a final bedroom with two single beds to complete the accommodation.
The farm is located right in the heart of the Kentish Weald, ten miles South East of Royal Tunbridge with plenty to enthuse a country visitor. The nearest shops are in Goudhurst, a charming old Kentish village with hilltop church, inns, tea shops and a great Italian restaurant. There are a range of top golf courses at Ticehurst, Hawkhurst, Cranbrook and Tunbridge Wells. Horse riding is also available close by. A footpath running from the farm gives direct access to the renowned and very beautiful Bedgebury Forest, with miles and miles of walking, birdlepaths and cycle routes. Bewl Water reservoir has fly fishing, sailing trips and many historic castles and sites are within half an hour’s drive.
- Duvets & pillows with linen included
- Towels can be hired on request
- Satellite TV/ DVD / CD Player
- Wireless Broadband available
- Fully equipped kitchen with microwave oven & dishwasher
- Automatic washing machine and tumble dryer
- Private Patio with Garden furniture
- Private Parking
- Wood burning stove, firewood can be purchased for
- Selection of home cooked meals available from freezer
- Barbeque supplied on request
- Tennis court, badminton net, croquet and unfenced pond on grounds
Places to go
- Sissinghurst Gardens: 10 min by car
- Royal Tunbridge Wells: 20 min by car
- London: 60 min by car
Price in £ per week
- Jan 5 to Jun 28 £940
- Jun 29 to Aug 30 £1060
- Aug 31 to Dec 20 £1000
- Christmas/ New Year £1125
- Winter short breaks at 75% of weekly rate.
- No Pets
- No Smoking
- Saturday to Saturday
- No children under 10, unsuitable for infirm