Reference Number: WK018
Number of Bedrooms: 2
Sleeps: 4 plus cot
Marsh Cottage, Goudhurst
This traditional Kent farm dates back to the 16th Century and is set amidst glorious rolling countryside at the end of a one mile track in the heart of the Wealden Kent. This is a perfect hideaway for a relaxing country holiday. An perfect base from which to explore endless country lanes, visit stately homes, castles and delightful gardens which are abound in this area, or enjoy a long leisurely lunch in one of the many small village Inns. You may prefer to stay on the farm, feed the ducks, play tennis, enjoy the views, or walk in the famous and enchanting forest of Bedgebury Pinetum.
Exclusive two bedroom accommodation with a large enclosed garden. Marsh Cottage has a well-equipped spacious kitchen, and a sizeable living/dining room with a log burning stove and dining table to seat at least six people. There is a master double bedroom and one twin bedroom. The bathroom includes a bath with shower over, hand basin and WC.
The farm is located right in the heart of the Kentish Weald, ten miles South East of Royal Tunbridge with plenty to enthuse a country visitor. The nearest shops are in Goudhurst, a charming old Kentish village with hilltop church, inns, tea shops and a great Italian restaurant. There are a range of top golf courses at Ticehurst, Hawkhurst, Cranbrook and Tunbridge Wells. Horse riding is also available close by. A footpath running from the farm gives direct access to the renowned and very beautiful Bedgebury Forest, with miles and miles of walking, birdlepaths and cycle routes. Bewl Water reservoir has fly fishing, sailing trips and many historic castles and sites are within half an hour’s drive.
- Duvets & pillows with linen included
- Towels can be hired on request
- TV, DVD and CD
- Wireless Broadband available
- Fully equipped kitchen with microwave oven & dishwasher
- Automatic washing machine and tumble dryer
- Garden furniture
- Private Parking
- Wood burning stove, firewood can be purchased
- Selection of home cooked meals available from freezer
- Barbeque supplied on request
- Tennis court, badminton net, croquet and pond on grounds
- Private garden
Places to go
- Sissinghurst Gardens: 10 min by car
- Royal Tunbridge Wells: 20 min by car
- London: 60 min by car
Price in £ per week
- Year Round: £700
- Winter short breaks at 75% of weekly rate.
- One pet for extra £15
- No Smoking
- Saturday to Saturday