- Kent Holiday Cottages (“the Company”) acts as a booking agent on behalf of the cottage owner (“the Owner”). Once the Company has issued the holiday confirmation, the contract is between you, (“the Holidaymaker”), and the Owner of the cottage.
- Should a confirmed property be removed prior to your holiday, either through overbooking or the (unlikely) removal of the cottage from our register, the Company will offer, wherever possible, another cottage of similar standards or a total money refund. Neither the Company nor the Owner shall incur any further liability for damages of consequential loss or for cancellations due to circumstances beyond the Company’s control including war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions or any other cause.
- We advise our Holidaymaker to take up a Cancellation Insurance, which is offered for their protection. Please see further details on our website. If, for any reason, the Holidaymaker should be compelled to cancel their cottage, the Company and the Owner have to be informed as soon as the reason for cancellation occurs. If the Holidaymaker has taken a Cancellation Insurance the terms of this Cancellation Insurance will then apply to any claim that is made by the Holidaymaker. If the Cancellation Insurance at the time of the booking as not been taken, the Holidaymaker will be responsible for full payment of the booking should the Company be unable to re-book the cottage. Should The Company be able to resell your cancelled reservation in the event you were not insured, then we will refund your payment less a 15% Cancellation /administration fee, of the total amount.
- The period of the letting is to be stated on the Booking confirmation. The Holidaymaker agree to abide by the dates and times as stated on the letter of confirmation and the holiday cottage directions sheet sent with balance payment confirmation, (usually from 4.00pm on the day of arrival, until 10.00am on the day of departure).
- The Company has personally inspected each cottage. The Company is not responsible for changes or alterations carried out to the cottage without the Company’s knowledge, nor for any lapses of inspections or certifications that may be required.
- The Holidaymaker, agrees to keep the cottage in its entirety in the same condition as at the commencement of their holiday and also agrees to compensate the Owner for any breakages or damage incurred during their holiday, or any excess cleaning if required. A refundable security deposit may be required at a small number of our properties and may be charged accordingly. The owner still reserves the right to pursue any further costs.
- The Company is not responsible for any damage to persons or their property whilst resident in their cottage. The use of the amenities where offered such as swimming pools, etc., is entirely at the user’s risk and the Owner and the Company will not accept responsibility for injury to the Holidaymaker, his guests and third parties or loss or damage to their belongings. Neither the Owner nor the Company accepts any responsibility for loss or damage to any baggage, personal belongings, vehicle or its contents belonging to the Holidaymaker or any member of his party howsoever caused.
- The use of the cottage is subject to the Owner/operator regulation and the local/international law.
- The maximum number of persons allowed in each property is stated in the website description. Except by prior written arrangement, access to the property is restricted to those persons stated on the booking form (this includes day visitors). A breach of this condition may result in immediate termination of the rental without refund.
- Well-behaved pets are welcome at many of our cottages. The Holidaymaker will find the details in each individual property’s description. Some properties make a small charge per pet, per week (or mini break) of your stay. Please bring your pet’s own bed and feeding bowls. Pets should not be allowed on furniture and must not be left unattended in your cottage. Gardens should be left free of pet excrement.
- The Owner or his/her representative may be allowed any reasonable access to the cottage during the holiday rental. Except in case of emergency an appointment should be made.
- The Company insures a high standard of accommodation. In the unfortunate situation where there is a complaint by the Holidaymaker, the following procedure applies.
- The Owner or caretaker needs to be informed as quickly as possible and asked for assistance
- If this does not resolve the problem, Kent Holiday Cottages (Tel. 01233 860 293) needs to be informed as soon as possible giving details of your complaint, which will be dealt with quickly and efficiently.
The Company will not be able to resolve any problems that are identified after you have returned from your holiday if the above actions have not been taken first. Neither the Owner nor the Company are responsible for annoyance through local flora and fauna.
- By cheque (Providing it is with us 14 days prior to arrival) made out to Kent Holiday Cottages ( See address at top of booking form )
- By credit or debit card – VISA, MasterCard. (A 2.5% charge is made for credit card transactions). Debit card or Switch card/Maestro, transactions are free of charge. Bank Transfer is also accepted. Costs of transfer to be paid by you.
- Bank transfer (please ensure all payments are made to the correct amount in GBP £ Sterling to avoid any exchange rate errors)
Unless your bank can ensure all transfer costs including ours in the UK are covered by your payment, then please add the following UK bank transfer fee to your total; If paying a total one off payment in full then please add £6 to your total. If you are paying a deposit payment and then a balance payment at a later date then please add £12 to your total. Please ask your bank to make sure that we receive the correct amount in £ to avoid a further payment by you.
Or by Credit Card as above ( 2.5% Bank charges apply ) or by Stirling Cheque drawn on a U.K bank.
Please always include, your name and the cottage Reference Number or name of your cottage with your payment.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the details in our brochure and website, the Owner and the Company shall not be held responsible for any mistakes or changes beyond their control. Exceptions to any booking conditions can only be effected in writing by the Company.